Status: Ecclesiastical Parish
Alternative names: Standbridge
Parish registers begin:
* Parish registers: 1560; see also Leighton Buzzard
* Bishop’s Transcripts: 1604
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodists, Primitive Methodists
Parishes adjacent to Stanbridge
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
STANBRIDGE, a chapelry in Leighton-Buzzard parish, Beds; 1 mile NNW of Stanbridgeford r. station, and 3 ESE of Leighton-Buzzard. Post town, Leighton-Buzzard. Acres, 1,400. Real property, £2,853. Pop., 554. Houses, 122. Many of the inhabitants are employed in straw-plait working. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Ely. Value, £100. Patron, the Vicar of Leighton-Buzzard. The church is good; and there are two Wesleyan chapels, and charities £5.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Standbridge, 2 miles S. E. Leighton-Buzzard. P. 519
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.
Family History Links
Civil Registration District: Leighton Buzzard
Probate Court: Court of the Peculiar of Leighton Buzzard
Diocese: Pre-1846 – Lincoln, Post 1845 – Ely
Rural Deanery: Pre-1852 – None, Post – 1851 – Dunstable
Poor Law Union: Leighton Buzzard