Status: Ancient Parish
Alternative names: Eyworth
Parish registers begin:
* Parish registers: 1650
* Bishop’s Transcripts: 1604
Parishes adjacent to Eyeworth
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
EYWORTH, a parish in Biggleswade district, Beds; near the boundary with Cambridge and Herts, 4 miles E by N of Biggleswade town and r. station. Post town, Biggleswade. Acres, 1,229. Real property, £1,385. Pop., 149. Houses, 28. The property is all in one estate. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Ely. Value, £96. Patron, Lord Ongley. The church is good; and there are charities £17.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Family History Links
Civil Registration District: Biggleswade
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Bedford
Diocese: Pre-1837 – Lincoln, Post-1836 – Ely
Rural Deanery: Shefford
Poor Law Union: Biggleswade