Caddington is an Ancient Parish partly in Bedfordshire and partly in Hertfordshire.
Other places in the parish include: Markyate Street, Humbershoe, and Market Street.
Parish church: All Saints
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1558
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1602
Nonconformists include: Baptist, Independent/Congregational, Society of Friends/Quaker, and Wesleyan Methodist.
Parishes adjacent to Caddington
- Houghton Regis
Bedfordshire The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales 1851
Caddington, a parish and township partly in the hund. of Flitt, union of Luton, county of Bedford, and partly in the hund. of Dacorum, county of Hertford; 2 miles south-west by west of Luton. Living, a vicarage, formerly in the archd. of Bedford and dio. of Lincoln, now in the dio. of Ely; rated at £10; gross income £327. The patronage is vested in the dean and chapter of St. Paul’s. There are here two Sunday and three daily schools, one of which is partially endowed. Pop., in 1801, 1,073; in 1831, 1,563. Houses 312. Acres 4,500. A. P. £4,602. Poor rates, in 1837, £452.
Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1851.
- Caddington England and Wales Census, 1841 at FamilySearch
- Caddington England and Wales Census, 1851 at FamilySearch
- County: Bedfordshire
- Civil Registration District: Luton
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Bedford
- Diocese: Pre-1837 – Lincoln, Post-1836 – Ely
- Rural Deanery: Dunstable
- Poor Law Union: Luton
- Hundred: Flitt
- Province: Canterbury