Tiverton is an Ancient Parish and a market town in the county of Devon.
Other places in the parish include: Clare, Withleigh, Elmore, Pitt, Priors, Pryors, Chevithorne, Town, West Exe, Westexe, Cove, All Fours, Bolham, and Tidcombe.
Parish registers begin: 1560
Separate registers exist for:
Nonconformists include: Bible Christian Methodist, Independent/Congregational, Methodist, Particular Baptist, Presbyterian, Roman Catholic, Society of Friends/Quaker, Swedenborgian/New Jerusalem/New Church, and Wesleyan Methodist.
Tiverton, 163 miles S.W. London, and 12 m. N.E. Exeter. Mrkt. Tues. P. 10,040
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850
Chevithome, a hamlet in Tidcombe quarter, Tiverton parish, Devon. It forms a curacy with Tidcombe.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].