Sherford is a chapelry of Stokenham Ancient Parish in Devon.
Other places in the parish include: Frogmore.
Parish registers begin: 1713
SHERFORD, a parish in Kingsbridge district, Devon; 3 miles E by S of Kingsbridge r. station. It contains part of the village of Frogmore, which has a post-office under Kingsbridge. Acres, 2,326. Rated property, £2,154. Pop. in 1851, 523; in 1861, 404. Houses, 83. The property is much subdivided. Kennedon was the residence of Judge Halse, in the time of Edward IV.; and is now a farm-house. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to Stokenham. The church is good; and there are chapels for Calvinists and Wesleyans.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].