Landkey, Devon Family History
Landkey is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Devon, created in 1775 from a chapelry in Bishop’s Tawton Ancient Parish.
Other places in the parish include: Newland, Hanaford.
Parish registers begin: 1602
Nonconformists include: Bible Christian Methodist and Wesleyan Methodist.
Parishes adjacent to Landkey
- Bishop’s Tawton
- Barnstaple Holy Trinity
- Stoke Rivers
Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales Circa 1870
Hanaford, a village in Landkey parish, Devon; 4¼ miles SE of Barnstaple.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Devon
- Civil Registration District: Barnstaple
- Probate Court: Court of the Peculiars of the Bishop of Exeter (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Exeter
- Rural Deanery: Post-1847 - Barnstaple, Pre-1848 - None
- Poor Law Union: Barnstaple
- Hundred: South Molton
- Province: Canterbury