Mungrisdale, Cumberland Family History Guide¶
Mungrisdale is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Cumberland, created in 1740 from a chapelry in Greystoke Ancient Parish.
Parish registers begin: 1742
Parishes adjacent to Mungrisdale¶
Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales Circa 1870¶
MUNGRISDALE, a township-chapelry in Greystoke parish, Cumberland; on the Glenderamakin river, between Bowscale fell and Eycoll hill, 2 ½ miles NW by N of Troutbeck r. station, and 5 ½ S of Hesket Newmarket. Post-town, Penrith. Acres, 6,729. Real property, £1,728. Pop., 202. Houses, 44. The property is much subdivided. The manor belongs to H. Howard, Esq. Part of the surface is mountain vale, and much is moor and high upland. Some of the inhabitants are employed in slate quarries. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Carlisle. Value, £118. Patron, the Rector of Greystoke. The church is old but good, and has a bell gable.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Cumberland
- Civil Registration District: Penrith
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Carlisle (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Carlisle
- Rural Deanery: Allerdale
- Poor Law Union: Penrith
- Hundred: Leath Ward
- Province: York