St Clether is an Ancient Parish in the county of Cornwall.
Parish church: St Clederus
Parish registers begin: 1640
Nonconformists include: Bible Christian Methodist and Wesleyan Methodist.
Clether (St.), a parish in Camelford district, Cornwall; on the river Inny, 7 miles E by N of Camelford, and 7½ W of Launceston r. station. Post town, Altarnun, under Launceston. Acres, 2, 960. Real property, £2, 414. Pop., 229. Houses, 42. The property is much subdivided. The rocks include granite and hornblende. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £165. Patron, not reported. The church is good. Remains of a small chapel are over a spring, called Basil’s well.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].