St Breward is an Ancient Parish in the county of Cornwall.
Alternative names: Simonward
Other places in the parish include: Lower Lanke.
Parish church: St Breward
Parish registers begin: 1558
Nonconformists include: Bible Christian Methodist, Independent/Congregational, Wesleyan Methodist, and Wesleyan Methodist Association.
Breward (St.), or Simonward, 6 m. N.E. Bodmin. P. 724
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.
Breward (St.), or Simonward, a parish in the hundred of Trigg, county of CORNWALL, 6¼ miles (N. by E.) from Bodmin, containing 554 inhabitants. The living is a discharged Vicarage, in the archdeaconry of Cornwall, and diocese of Exeter, rated in the king’s books at £8, and in the patronage of the Dean and Chapter of Exeter. The church is dedicated to St. Bruard. Within this parish are the lofty hills, Rough Tor (by contraction Rowtor), and Brown Willy, from the summits of which there is a view of the English and Bristol channels.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis 1831