Addenda Lewis Worcestershire Directory 1820

Below are the Addenda for the Directory found in the rear of the book. REMOVALS IN THE CITY AND SUBURBS OF WORCESTER. Ballinger John, Maltster, Quay street Bentley George, Auctioneer, Foregate street Carden Thomas, Esq. Paradise-row, Tything Carden George, Clerk to the Commissioners of Taxes, and Agent to the Phoenix Fire Office, Savings Bank Clifton … Continue reading Addenda Lewis Worcestershire Directory 1820

Advertisements

Worcester Worcestershire Family History Guide

Worcester is a city in the county of Worcestershire. Trade: corn, hops, cider, and perry; very fine porcelain is largely manufactured; glove-making and leather-dyeing are extensively carried on; some lace-making is done; and there are a very large vinegar-work, a British wine-making establishment, a distillery, breweries, horse-hair manufactories, a large iron foundry, saw-mills, roperies, boat … Continue reading Worcester Worcestershire Family History Guide

Wolverley Worcestershire Family History Guide

Wolverley is an Ancient Parish in the county of Worcestershire. Other places in the parish include: Cookley, Horseley, Kingsford, Little Wolverley, Caunsall, Sion Hill, Blakesall, Lea Castle and Low. Parish church: St John the Baptist Parish registers begin: 1539 Nonconformists include: Primitive Methodist and Wesleyan Methodist. Parishes adjacent to Wolverley Kidderminster St Mary Upper Arley … Continue reading Wolverley Worcestershire Family History Guide

Hanley Child Worcestershire Family History Guide

Hanley Child is a chapelry of Eastham Ancient Parish in Worcestershire. Parish registers begin: 1816 For Parish Registers see Eastham Nonconformists in Hanley Child include: Primitive Methodist and Society of Friends/Quaker. Parishes adjacent to Hanley Child Rochford Eastham Wolferlow Stoke Bliss Kyre Wyard Historical Descriptions The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales 1851 Hanley-Child, a … Continue reading Hanley Child Worcestershire Family History Guide

Hanley Child Lewis Worcestershire Directory 1820

Bullock James, farmer Bray Robert, farmer Eaton James, shoemaker Hyde John, farmer Jones William, farmer Lokier Richard, farmer Morris Samuel, farmer Powell John, shopkeeper Sanders John, farmer Spilsbury William, farmer Spilsbury John, farmer Wastell John, farmer Weaver William, farmer Webb John, farmer Source: S Lewis Worcestershire General and Commercial Directory for 1820.

Hanley Castle, Worcestershire Family History Guide

Hanley Castle is an Ancient Parish in the county of Worcestershire. Other places in the parish include: Blackmore End, Robertsend, Henley Quay, Hanley Swan, and Gilberts End. Parish church: Parish registers begin: 1538 Nonconformists include: Roman Catholic and Wesleyan Methodist. Parishes adjacent to Hanley Castle Great Malvern Madresfield Malvern Wells Upton upon Severn Welland Severn … Continue reading Hanley Castle, Worcestershire Family History Guide

Hanley Castle Lewis Worcestershire Directory 1820

Hanley Castle, 2 miles from Upton, containing 176 houses, and 986 inhabitants. There are several gentlemen’s seats in this parish. Barber William, farmer Barnes John, farmer Barry Miss, gentlewoman Baylis William, farmer Berry Thomas, farmer Bull Charles, farmer Broadstock Thos., farmer Chamberlain James, gent. Charlton E. L. esq. Clarke A., gentlewoman Cole William, farmer Cooper … Continue reading Hanley Castle Lewis Worcestershire Directory 1820

Hanley Castle Billings Directory of Worcestershire 1855

Hanley Castle is a very large parish, commencing within a mile of Upton-upon-Severn, and extending to within two miles of Great Malvern. The chapelry of Malvern Wells belongs to this parish, but it has been attached to Malvern, as more convenient for reference. The population in 1851 was 1686. The river Severn runs through the … Continue reading Hanley Castle Billings Directory of Worcestershire 1855

Hanley Castle Worcestershire Littleburys Directory 1879

Hanley Castle is an extensive parish and pleasant village on the west bank of the Severn, 1½ miles N.W. of Upton, 5 S.E. of Great Malvern, and 8½ S. of Worcester; is in the western division of the county and hundred of Lower Pershore; union, petty sessional division, highway, and polling district of Upton-on-Severn; county … Continue reading Hanley Castle Worcestershire Littleburys Directory 1879

Hanbury Worcestershire Family History

Hanbury is an Ancient Parish in the county of Worcestershire. Parish Church: St. Mary Parish registers begin: 1577 At Woolmere green is a chapel-of-ease, erected in 1872 Nonconformists in Hanbury include: Baptist, Primitive Methodist, and Wesleyan Methodist. A rifle corps, coal and clothing clubs, Sunday and night schools, parochial association for missions, lending library, &c., … Continue reading Hanbury Worcestershire Family History

Hanbury Lewis Worcestershire Directory 1820

Hanbury, 3 miles from Droitwich, containing 165 houses, and 983 inhabitants. Allen Mrs., farmer Appleby Joseph, maltster Appleby T., shoemaker Burbage Richard, farmer Burbage Mrs., farmer Burslem Henry, gent. Chillingworth J., farmer Downes Edward, farmer Downes Mrs., farmer Eades Henry, farmer Ford Mrs, farmer Fownes George, farmer Grove Wm. sen., farmer Grove Wm. jun., farmer … Continue reading Hanbury Lewis Worcestershire Directory 1820

Hanbury Worcestershire Billings Directory 1855

Hanbury is an extensive and widely-scattered parish and village, situated about 3 miles from Droitwich in an easterly direction, containing in 1851 a population of 1009 inhabitants. Hanbury Hall was erected about the year 1710, by Councillor Vernon, and is at the present time undergoing very extensive alterations and repairs. It is situated in a … Continue reading Hanbury Worcestershire Billings Directory 1855