Abberwick The National Gazetteer 1868

Abberwick, a tnshp. in the par. of Edlingham and north div. of Coquetdale ward, union of Alnwick, in the co. of Northumberland, 3 miles W. of Alnwick. It is situated on the river Alne. Source: The National Gazetteer: a Topographical Dictionary of the British Islands compiled from the latest and best sources and illustrated with a … Continue reading Abberwick The National Gazetteer 1868

Advertisements

Abberwick Northumberland Lewis Topographical Dictionary of England 1845

Abberwick, a township, in the parish of Edlingham, union of Alnwick, N division of Coquetdale ward and of Northumberland, 4 miles (W.) from Alnwick; containing 170 inhabitants. It includes the north-eastern part of the parish, adjoining Alnwick moor; and near it runs the river Aln, which is here joined by the Lemmington brook. Source: A Topographical … Continue reading Abberwick Northumberland Lewis Topographical Dictionary of England 1845

Abberwick Northumberland The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales 1840

Abberwick, a township in the parish of Edlingham, northern division of Coquetdale ward, Northumberland; 4 miles north-west of Alnwick. Pop., in 1801, 99; in 1831, 135. Houses 26. Poor rates, in 1837, £45. Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1840.

Abberwick A Topographical Dictionary of Great Britain and Ireland 1833

Abberwick, co. Northumherland. P. T. Alnwick (311). Pop. 125. A township in the parish of Edlingham, North Coquetdale Ward. Source: A Topographical Dictionary of Great Britain and Ireland by John Gorton. The Irish and Welsh articles by G. N. Wright; Vol. I; London; Chapman and Hall, 186, Strand; 1833.

Acton, Northumberland The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales 1840

Acton, a township in the parish of Felton, Northumberland; 7½ miles south from Alnwick; containing, with the hamlet of Old Felton, a population of 113 in 1801; and of 101 in 1831. Houses 22. Poor rates, in 1837, £58. Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1840.

West Acomb, Northumberland The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales 1840

Acomb (West), a township in the parish of St. John Lee; 1¾ miles north-east from Hexham. The Newcastle and Carlisle railway passes in the immediate neighbourhood of this township. Pop., in 1801, 532; in 1831, 523. Poor rates, in 1837, £57. Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1840.

East Acomb, Northumberland The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales 1840

Acomb (East), a township in the parish of Bywell St. Peter, Northumberland; 2 miles from Corbridge. Pop., in 1801, 23; in 1831, 36. Houses 7. Poor rates £9. Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1840.

Acklington Park, Northumberland The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales 1840

Acklington-Park, a township adjoining Acklington, in Warkworth parish. Pop., in 1801, 108; in 1831, 107. Houses 13. Poor rates, in 1837, £37. Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1840.

Acklington, Northumberland The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales 1840

Acklington, a township in the parish of Warkworth, Northumberland; 8½ miles south-south east from Alnwick; on the Coquet river. Pop., in 1801, 257; in 1831, 285. Houses, 53. Poor rates, in 1837, £97. Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1840.

Abberwick Northumberland Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales Circa 1870

Abberwick, a township in Edlingham parish, Northumberland; on the river Alne, 3½ miles W of Alnwick. Acres, 1,673. Pop, 133. Houses, 26. Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].

Murton or Moortown Northumberland Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales Circa 1870

Murton, or Moortown, a township in Tynemouth parish, Northumberland; 2 miles NW of North Shields. It contains the village of Philadelphia. Acres, 443. Pop., 543. Houses, 107. Coal is largely worked, and freestone is quarried. There is a Wesleyan chapel. Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. … Continue reading Murton or Moortown Northumberland Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales Circa 1870

Mulldon Park Corner Northumberland Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales Circa 1870

Mulldon-Park-Corner, a village in East Thornton township, Hartburn parish, Northumberland; 5½ miles W of Morpeth. Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].