Albrighton Cassey Shropshire Directory 1875

Last Updated on October 10, 2018 ALBRIGHTON is a village and parish, 8 miles north-west from Wolverhampton, 11 north-east from Bridgnorth, about 22 from Shrewsbury, and 148 ¾ by rail from London, in the Southern division of the county, Shifnal division of Brimstree hundred, Shifnal union, and diocese of Lichfield, situated on the road from …

Albrighton near Shrewsbury Cassey Shropshire Directory 1875

Last Updated on October 10, 2018 ALBRIGHTON, near Shrewsbury, is an ecclesiastical parish, with Perrill and Broad Oak, 3 ¾ miles north from Shrewsbury, in the Northern division of the county, Pimhill hundred, Atcham union, and diocese of Lichfield. The church of St. John the Baptist is a stone building in the early Norman style. …

Alveley Cassey Shropshire Directory 1875

Last Updated on October 10, 2018 Alveley is a parish and large village, 7 miles north-west from Kidderminster, 9 north-north-west from Bewdley, and 8 north-east from Cleobury Mortimer, in the Southern division of the county, Chelmarsh division of the hundred of Stottesden, Bridgnorth union, and diocese of Hereford, pleasantly situated on the eastern banks of …

Annscroft Cassey Shropshire Directory 1875

Last Updated on October 10, 2018 ANNSCROFT is a small village and new parish, comprising portions of the parishes of Condover, St. Chad’s, and Meole Brace, 4 miles from Shrewsbury, on the road to Longden, in the Southern division of the county, in the hundred of Condover, and union of Atcham. Christ Church is a …

Ash Magna and Ash Parva Cassey Shropshire Directory 1875

Last Updated on November 9, 2018 ASH MAGNA and ASH PARVA are townships, in the parish of Whitchurch, forming an ecclesiastical district, in the Northern division of the county, hundred of North Bradford, union and county court district of Whitchurch, rural deanery of Whitchurch, archdeaconry of Salop, and diocese of Lichfield. Ash Magna is 188 …

Ashford Bowdler Cassey Shropshire Directory 1875

Last Updated on October 10, 2018 ASHFORD BOWDLER is a parish, two miles from Ludlow, in the Southern division of the county, Lower division of Munslow hundred, Ludlow union, and diocese of Hereford; it is pleasantly situated on the river Teme, and on the Shrewsbury and Hereford Railway. The church of St. Andrew was thoroughly …