Wendover, Buckinghamshire

Wendover is an Ancient Parish and a market town in the county of Buckinghamshire.

Other places in the parish include: Lee Common and Wendover Dean Foreign.

Parish church:

Parish registers begin: 1626

Nonconformists include: General Baptist and Independent/Congregational.

Parishes adjacent to Wendover

  • The Lee
  • Aston Clinton St Leonard
  • Great Missenden
  • Halton
  • Little Hampden
  • Bierton with Broughton
  • Aston Clinton
  • Stoke Mandeville
  • Prestwood
  • Ellesborough
  • Chesham
  • Weston Turville

Historical Descriptions

Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850

Wendover, 35 miles N.W. London, 5 miles S. E. Aylesbury. Mrkt., Thurs. P. 1877.

Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.


  • County: Buckinghamshire
  • Civil Registration District: Wycombe
  • Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Buckingham
  • Diocese: Pre-1845 - Lincoln, Post-1844 - Oxford
  • Rural Deanery: Pre-1845 - None, Post-1844 - Wendover
  • Poor Law Union: Wycombe
  • Hundred: Aylesbury
  • Province: Canterbury