Thornton, Buckinghamshire Family History Guide¶
Thornton is an Ancient Parish in the county of Buckinghamshire.
Parish registers begin: 1562
Nonconformists include: Baptist and Independent/Congregational
Parishes adjacent to Thornton¶
Leonard's Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850¶
Thornton, 3 m. N.E. Buckingham. P. 101
Source: Leonard's Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.
- County: Buckinghamshire
- Civil Registration District: Buckingham
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Buckingham
- Diocese: Pre-1845 - Lincoln, Post-1844 - Oxford
- Rural Deanery: Pre-1845 - None, Post-1844 - Buckingham
- Poor Law Union: Buckingham
- Hundred: Buckingham
- Province: Canterbury