Uffington is an Ancient Parish in the county of Berkshire.
Other places in the parish include: Woolstone.
Parish registers begin: 1654
Nonconformists include: Society of Friends/Quaker
Woolstone, anciently Wolverichton, a chapelry in the parish of Uffington, hund. of Shrivington, union of Farringdon, county of Berks; 5½ miles south by east of Great-Farringdon, south of the Great Western railway. Living, a curacy sub-ordinate to the vicarage of Uffington. Tithes commuted in 1777. There is a daily female school here, founded in 1832. The boys of this township are eligible to the endowed school at Uffington. Acreage with the parish. Houses 37. A. P. £2,021. Pop., in 1801, 208; in 1831, 270. Poor rates, in 1838, £117 16s.
Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1851.
Wolstone, 4½ miles from Wantage. P. included in Uffington.
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.