Moreton, South, co. Berks.
P. T. Wallingford (46) 3½ m. WSW. Pop. 364.
A parish in the hundred of Moreton; living, a rectory in the archdeaconry of Berks and diocese of Salisbury; valued in K. B. 12l. 15s. 5d.; ann. val. P. R. 139l.; church ded. to St. John; patron, the University of Oxford, in trust for Magdalen Hall.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of Great Britain and Ireland by John Gorton. The Irish and Welsh articles by G. N. Wright; Vol. II; London; Chapman and Hall, 186, Strand; 1833.