Moreton, North, co. Berks.
P. T. Wallingford (46) 3 m. W. Pop. 348.
A parish in the hundred of Moreton; living, a dis. vicarage in the archdeaconry of Berks and diocese of Salisbury; valued in K. B. 7l. 17s. 8d.; ann. val. P.R. 70l.; church ded. to All Saints; patron, the Archdeacon of Berkshire. The rectory of North Moreton, annexed to the archdeaconry of Berkshire, is valued in K. B. 16l. 13s. 4d. The archdeaconry of Berkshire, founded in 1220, is valued in K. B. 54l. 18s. 6½d.; patron, the King.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of Great Britain and Ireland by John Gorton. The Irish and Welsh articles by G. N. Wright; Vol. II; London; Chapman and Hall, 186, Strand; 1833.