Parish registers begin:
Moulsford, co. Berks.
P.T. Wallingford (46) 4 m. SSW. Pop. 176.
A parish in the hundred of Moreton; living, a curacy, subordinate to the vicarage of Cholsey, in the archdeaconry of Berks and diocese of Salisbury, not in charge; church ded. to St. John the Baptist; patronage with Cholsey vicarage.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of Great Britain and Ireland by John Gorton. The Irish and Welsh articles by G. N. Wright; Vol. II; London; Chapman and Hall, 186, Strand; 1833.