Upper Gravenhurst

Upper Gravenhurst, Bedfordshire

Historical Descriptions

The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales 1851

Gravenhurst (Upper), a parish in Flitt hund., union of Ampthill, county of Bedford; 3 miles south-west by south of Shefford. Living, a perpetual curacy, formerly in the archd. of Bedford and dio. of Lincoln, now in the dio. of Ely; certified to value £25, returned at £134 0s. 6d.; gross income £50; in the patronage of the parishioners. Tithes commuted in 1820. Here is a daily school. Acres 335. Houses 66. A.P. £1,842. Pop., in 1801, 201; in 1831, 318. Poor rates, in 1838, £165 19s.

Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1851.

Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850

Gravenhurst (Upper), 2½ m. E. Selsoe. P. 373

Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850