Campton, a parish in the hund. of Clifton, union of Biggleswade, county of Bedford; 3½ miles north-east of Silsoe, on the river Ivel. Living, a rectory with Shefford, formerly in the archd. of Bedford and dio. of Lincoln, now in the dio. of Ely; rated at £11 9s. 7d.; gross income £427; nett income £374. Patron, in 1835, Sir George Osborne, Bart, Pop., in 1801, 316; in 1831, 449. Houses 220. Acres 1,120. A. P. £1,526. Poor rates, in 1837, £310.
Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1851.
Campton, 1 m. S.W. Shefford. P.1390
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.