Parish church: St. Owen
Parish registers begin:
Bromham, a parish in the hund. of Willey, union of Bedford, county of Bedford; 4 miles west-north-west of Bedford, intersected by the river Ouse, over which there is a bridge here. Living, a vicarage, with that of Oakley annexed, formerly in the archd. of Bedford and dio. of Lincoln, now in the dio. of Ely; valued at £8; gross income £339; in the patronage of Eton college. The church contains monuments of the families of Trevor and Dyne. There are a day and Sunday school in this parish; and a mineral spring. Pop., in 1801, 297; in 1831, 334. Houses 61. Acres 1,910. A. P. £1,996. Poor rates, in 1837, £190.
Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1851.
Bromham, 3 m. N.W. Bedford. P.314
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.
Bromham, co. Bedford.
P.T. Bedford (50) 4 m. WNW. Pop. 296.
A parish in the hundred of Willey; living, a vicarage in the archdeaconry of Bedford and diocese of Lincoln; charged in K. B. 8 l.; church ded. to St. Owen; patron, Eton College.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of Great Britain and Ireland by John Gorton. The Irish and Welsh articles by G. N. Wright; Vol. II; London; Chapman and Hall, 186, Strand; 1833.