Bolnhurst, a parish in the hund. of Stodden, union and county of Bedford; 6½ miles north by east of Bedford. Living, a rectory, formerly in the archd. of Bedford and dio. of Lincoln, now in the dio. of Ely; valued at £9; gross income £173. Patron, in 1835, the Rev. H. W. Gery. The great and small tithes, the property of the clerical rector and lay-impropriator, were commuted in 1778. There is a day and Sunday school in this parish, supported by endowments. Pop., in 1801, 225; in 1831, 300. Houses 50. Acres 2,130. A. P. £1,968. Poor rates, in 1837, £238.
Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1851.
Bolnhurst, 5 m. N.E, Bedford. P.344
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850
Bolnhurst, co. Bedford.
P.T. Bedford (50) 7 m. N b E. Pop. 264.
A parish in the hundred of Stodden; living, a rectory in the archdeaconry of Bedford and diocese of Lincoln; valued in K. B. 9l.; church ded. to St. Dunstan; patrons (1829) W. M. Willett, Esq. and others.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of Great Britain and Ireland by John Gorton. The Irish and Welsh articles by G. N. Wright; Vol. II; London; Chapman and Hall, 186, Strand; 1833.