Bletsoe a parish in the hundred of Willey and county of Bedfordshire. The petty sessions for the hundred of Barford, Stodden, and Willey, were occasionally held here.
Parish church: St. Mary
Parish registers begin:
Bletsoe, 6 m. N. Bedford. P. 420.
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850
Bletsoe, co. Bedford.
P. T. Bedford (50) 6½ m. NNW. Pop. 383.
A parish in the hundred of Willey; living, a rectory in the archdeaconry of Bedford and diocese of Lincoln; valued in K. B. 17 l.; church ded. to St. Mary; patron, Lord St. John. The petty sessions for the hundred of Barford, Stodden, and Willey, are occasionally held here.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of Great Britain and Ireland by John Gorton. The Irish and Welsh articles by G. N. Wright; Vol. II; London; Chapman and Hall, 186, Strand; 1833.