Parish church: St. James
Parish registers begin:
Biddenham, a parish in the hund. of Willey, union and county of Bedford; 2 miles west of Bedford. Living, a discharged vicarage, formerly in the archd. of Bedford and dio. of Lincoln, now in the dio. of Ely; valued at £8; gross income £100. Patron, in 1835, the honourable G. R. Trevor. There are three daily schools here, principally for lace-making, and two Sunday schools. Charities connected with the parish produce £15 per annum. Pop., in 1801, 252; in 1831, 369. Houses 59. Acres 1,760. A.P. £1,933. Poor rates, in 1837, £158.
Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1851.
Biddenham, 2 m. W. Bedford. P. 345
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850
Biddenham, co. Bedford.
P.T. Bedford (50) 2 m. W. Pop. 393.
A parish in the hundred of Willey; living, a dis. vicarage in the archdeaconry of Bedford and diocese of Lincoln; valued in K. B. 8 l.; church ded. to St. James.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of Great Britain and Ireland by John Gorton. The Irish and Welsh articles by G. N. Wright; Vol. II; London; Chapman and Hall, 186, Strand; 1833.
You will need to be logged in to FamilySearch for the links below to work.