Battlesden, 3 m. S. Woburn. P. 179
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850
Battlesden, a parish in the hund. of Manshead, union of Woburn, county of Bedford; 3 miles south of Woburn, on the post road to Dunstable. Living a rectory, united with that of Potsgrove, formerly in the archd. of Bedford and dio. of Lincoln, now in the dio. of Ely; valued at £12 9s. 7d. ; gross income £328. Patron, in 1835, Sir G. P. Turner, Bart. Earl Bathurst takes the title of baron from this place. It stands on the Roman road called Watling street. Pop., in 1801, 133; in 1831, 145. Houses 28. Acres 1,140. A. P. £2,420. Poor rates, in 1837, £167.
Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1840.
Battleden, co. Bedford.
P. T. Woburn (41) 3 m. SSE. Pop. 151.
A parish in the hundred of Manshead; living, a rectory united with that of Potsgrave, in the archdeaconry of Bedford and diocese of Lincoln; valued in K. B. 12l. 9s. 7d.; church ded. to St. Peter; patron (1829) Sir G. P. Turner, Bart.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of Great Britain and Ireland by John Gorton. The Irish and Welsh articles by G. N. Wright; Vol. II; London; Chapman and Hall, 186, Strand; 1833.