Woolstaston is a village and parish, 1 mile from the Leebotwood station, and 169 from London, in the Southern division of the county, Condover division of the hundred of Condover, union of Church Stretton, and diocese of Hereford. The church of St. Michael and All Angels is a small stone building; there are two handsome stained glass memorial windows. The extraordinary escape of the rector of this parish from his night in the snow on the 29th January, 1865, is worthy of remark. The living is a rectory, yearly value £144, in the gift of the Rev. F. H. Wolryche Whitmore, M.A. The Rev. F. H. Wolryche Whitmore, M.A., is the principal landowner and lord of the manor. The charities amount to £1 1s. yearly. The soil is loam and clay; subsoil, clay. The area is 843 acres; the population in 1861 was 64; gross estimated rental, £1,024; rateable value, £956.
Letters are received through Leebotwood from Shrewsbury.
Carr Rev. Edmund Donald, M.A.
Clee William, farmer
Everall Richard, farmer
George Samuel, miller, Old Walk mills
Heighway Robert, farmer
Howles Richard, farmer
Hughes Thomas, farmer
Wigley Margaret, farmer
Source: Edward Cassey & Co.’s, History, Gazetteer, and Directory of Shropshire 1871