Tasley is a parish, 2 miles from Bridgnorth, in the Southern division of the county, Chelmarsh division of Stottesden hundred, Bridgnorth union, and diocese of Hereford. The church is a plain brick building, rebuilt in 1810. The living is a rectory, yearly value £212, with about 9 acres of glebe land, in the gift of Major Edward Farrer Acton, of Gatacre park. The principal landowners are Major E. F. Acton, D. L., and the Earl of Shrewsbury. The soil is strong clay; the subsoil is similar. The population in 1861 was 78, the area is 1,100 acres; gross estimated rental, £1,369; rateable value, £1, 286.
Letters received through Bridgnorth.
Edmonds Capt. William, Leasowes
Cartwright Thomas, brick and tile manufacturer
Davis John, farmer, Henley farm
Ford Henry, market gardener
Giles Joseph, farmer, The Hook
Gratton Thos, farmer, Hundred House farm
Price John, farmer, Race Course farm
Yapp Henry Bishop, Boar’s Head inn
Source: Edward Cassey & Co’s, History, Gazetteer, and Directory of Shropshire 1871