Hampen Kellys Gloucestershire Directory 1856
Hampen is a small hamlet, partly in the parish of Sevenhampton, and partly in that of Shipton Oliffe, distant about 2 miles east of Andoversford, and 5 west from Northleach, and consists of the residence of T. B. Browne, Esq., and a flax and bone mill and one farm. The population is about 80. T. R. Browne, Esq., is owner of the soil.
Browne Thos. Beale, esq. Hampen ho
Handy Thomas, farmer, Hampen farm
Browne Thomas Beale, flax & bone mills
Letters through Northleach, which is also the nearest money order office.
Source: Post Office Directory of Gloucestershire with Bath and Bristol. Printed and Published by Kelly and Co., 19, 20 & 21, Old Boswell Court, St. Clement’s, Strand, London. 1856.