Eastleach-Martin or Burthorpe, is a township, parish, and village, in Northleach Union, Hundred of Brightwells Barrow, 4 miles north-by-east from Lechlade. The living is a rectory, in the gift of the Lord Chancellor, annual value, £150. The church consists of a chancel, nave, and 4 bells. The Rev. Hugh Pollard Willoughby, M.A., is the rector. Acreage, 1,938; population, 197.
Fyfield is a hamlet.
Clarke Mr. Thomas
Cooper Rev. Rowland H., M.A., (curate), Parsonage
Plunket Mrs. Ann
Barton – , farmer, Fyfield
Baxter John, farmer, Fyfield
Humphris John, miller & farmer
Pumfry Bartholomew, boot & shoe ma
Rickards Robert, farmer
Letters through Lechlade, which is also the nearest money order office.
Source: Post Office Directory of Gloucestershire with Bath and Bristol. Printed and Published by Kelly and Co., 19, 20 & 21, Old Boswell Court, St. Clement’s, Strand, London. 1856.