Last Updated on
Charlton Abbotts is a township, parish and village in the lower division of Kiptsgate [sic] Hundred and Winchcomb Union, 2 ¾ miles from Winchcomb. The living is a perpetual curacy in the archdeaconry of Gloucester, and bishopric of Gloucester and Bristol, patron and impropriator, Francis Pym, Esq.; incumbent, the Rev. John Tucker, M.A.; the Rev. G. H. Biggs officiates. The church is a small ancient building, with 1 bell. Population, in 1851, 112, acreage, 1,372.
Courthay and Holt are farms.
Gibbs Joseph, farmer, Courthay farm
Gillett Thomas, farmer & parish clerk
Hanks John, farmer
Lane George, farmer, Holt farm
Letters delivered by foot messenger from Andoversford, through Cheltenham. Winchcomb is the nearest money order office.
Post Office Directory of Gloucestershire with Bath and Bristol. Printed and Published by Kelly and Co., 19, 20 & 21, Old Boswell Court, St. Clement’s, Strand, London. 1856.