Wickhamford is a small village and parish, about 2 ¼ miles E.S.E. from Evesham, and contained in 1851 a population of 129 inhabitants.
The Church, dedicated to St. John the Baptist, is a small, neat building, composed of stone, with square turreted tower. It is in the early English Gothic style of architecture, and has a very antiquated appearance. It was restored a few years back, the expense being defrayed by Lord Sandys, to the memory of whose family there are two elaborate altar tombs, of the date 1626. The living is a Perpetual Curacy, annexed to that of Badsey, in the patronage of the Dean and Chapter of Christ Church, Oxford. Rev. Thos. H. Hunt, Perpetual Curate; Mr. William Barnard, Clerk. Service – 11 a.m. and 3 p.m. alternately.
Cook Elizabeth, shopkeeper
Pethard Amelia, victualler, wheelwright, and blacksmith, Sandys Arms
Smith Samuel, miller, Wickhamford Mill
Smith William Henry, farmer, Pitcher Hill, and Badsey
Taylor Francis, farmer
Taylor Samuel, farmer, Manor Farm
Source: Billings Directory of Worcestershire 1855