Last Updated on
Warndon is a small parish, distant from Worcester about 2 ½ miles N.E., and contained in 1851 a population of 193 inhabitants.
The Church is a plain edifice, containing nave, chancel, and west wooded tower. The style is of about the fifteenth century. The living is a Rectory, in the patronage of Robert Berkeley, Esq. Rev. G. St. John, M.A., Rector; Mr. Henry Adams, Clerk. Service – 11 a.m. and 3 p.m. alternately.
Charities – George Wingfield, Esq., of Leopard, bequeathed the sum of £100, the interest to be expended in gowns for poor women annually, on St. Thomas’s day. Miss Barry, of Leopard, gave the sum of £50, the interest to be distributed in bread for the poor annually for ever, on Christmas day. There is also a small portion of land belonging to the church.
Beeken John, farmer, Lower Smite
Bird William, farmer, Trotshill Farm
Harding James, shoe maker, Trotshill
Linton James, wheelwright
Partington John, farmer, Tolladine
Tay William, farmer, Warndon Farm
Young Richard, blacksmith, Trotshill
Source: Billings Directory of Worcestershire 1855