Last Updated on
Baunton is a township, parish, and small village, 1 ½ miles north of Cirencester, bounded on the west by the river Churn, and the Roman fossway on the east. It is in the hundred of Crowthorne and Minety, Cirencester Union, East Gloucestershire, and bishopric of Gloucester and Bristol. The population, in 1851, was 134; the acreage is 1, 336. The church of St. Christopher is a small building, consisting of a nave, without either tower or chancel. The living is in the gift of Miss Master, who is the freeholder of the parish. The incumbent is the Rev. George W. Ireland. The soil is clayey, and the subsoil rock.
Bedwell Alfred, farmer
Butt Henry, farmer
Porter Thomas, farmer
Letters through Cirencester, which is also the nearest money order office.
Post Office Directory of Gloucestershire with Bath and Bristol. Printed and Published by Kelly and Co., 19, 20 & 21, Old Boswell Court, St. Clement’s, Strand, London. 1856.