Aston Kellys Herefordshire Directory 1863
ASTON is a parish, distant 4 miles south-west-by-west from Ludlow, Its post town, market town, and railway station. The church of St. Giles is an old building, containing 1 bell. The living is a rectory, annual value £84, in the gift of Andrew Rouse Houghton Knight, Esq., who is lord of the manor and owner of the soil; the Rev. William Williams, M.A., Oxford, Is the rector. The population in 1861 was 34.
Williams Rev. William, M.A. [rector]
Pugh Charles, farmer
Letters through Ludlow, winch Is the nearest money order office.
Source: Post Office Directory of Gloucestershire, Herefordshire, Shropshire and the City of Bristol, Printed and Published by Kelly and Co., Old Boswell Court, St. Clement’s, Strand, London. 1863.