Sevenhampton Kellys Gloucestershire Directory 1856
Sevenhampton, is a township, parish, and village, in the Hundred of Bradley, and Union of Northleach, 4 ¼ miles south from Winchcomb. The living is a perpetual curacy, in Gloucester archdeaconry, and Gloucester and Bristol bishopric; value yearly, £50. The incumbent is the Rev. Charles Chambers, B.A.; patrons, alternately, Walter Lawrence Lawrence and Fulwar Craven, Esqrs. The church of St. Andrew is an ancient structure in the Norman style of architecture, with square tower, chancel, and 3 bells; there are several mural tablets. The Baptists have a chapel at Brockhampton Quarries, half a mile distant. The area is 2,600 acres, and the population, in 1851, was 553.
Whital, Packham, Soundborough, and Oxleys, are places here.
Bevan John, esq.
Chambers Rev. Charles, B.A.
Bee Lydia (Miss), Grocer
Brooks Abraham, cattle dealer
Hart Samuel, stonemason
Humphris John, farmer, Whital farm
Humphris William, farmer, Puckham fm
Painter Caleb, farmer, Soundboro’ farm
Pearce William, blacksmith
Smith John, farmer
Wood Thomas, boot & shoe maker
Letters are delivered from Cheltenham through Andoversford at 9 a.m. by a foot messenger, who returns at 4 p.m. Northleach is the nearest money order office.
Craven Fulwar, esq. Brockhamptn court
Goodwin C. esq. Brockhampton park
Allsop William, carpenter
Combe George, baker
Denley Esther (Mrs.), beer retailer & dairy, Brockhampton quarry
Davis John, sawyer & parish clerk
Fardon Isaac, grocer & beer retailer
Hoar William, boot & shoe maker
Lees John, farmer
Mansell John, farmer
Preston John, grocer
Procter John, carpenter
Roffe Thomas, grocer & tailor, Brockhampton quarry
Shill Thomas, tailor
Smith George, farmer, Oxley’s farm
Westmancott George, carrier, Brockhampton quarry
Baptist Chapel, Brockhampton, ministers various
Carrier – George Westmancott, every Tuesday & Saturday, to the ‘Old Swan,’ Cheltenham, returning same day.
Source: Post Office Directory of Gloucestershire with Bath and Bristol. Printed and Published by Kelly and Co., 19, 20 & 21, Old Boswell Court, St. Clement’s, Strand, London. 1856.