Haywood liberty adjoins the township of Grafton and parish of Dewsall, and is extra-parochial, containing about 1,000 acres, which are applied to arable, pasture, and meadow. A small quantity of hops are grown in this locality. F R. Wegg Prosser, Esq., of Belmont, is lord of the soil and lord of the manor.
Letters through Hereford, which is the nearest money order office.
Andrews William, farmer
Barrett E, farmer, Merry hill
Edwards J. & R., farmers
James William, farmer, Knockerell
Landon T., farmer, Haywood lodge
Sandford W., carpenter
Wilcox Francis, blacksmith
Source: Edward Cassey & Co.: History, Topography, and Directory of Herefordshire. Printed by William Bailey, 107, Fishergate 1858.