Bullingham (Lower), formerly Bullinghope, is a township in the parish of St. Martin’s, Hereford, from which place it is distant 1 ½ miles, and is in the Hundred of Webtree, and Hereford Union, and in the archdeaconry, deanery, and diocese of Hereford. The parish church for this township is situate on the Ross road. There are some good farms situate here. Lower Bullingham is bounded on the north by the river Wye, which adds greatly to the scenery of the place. The population, in 1851, was 310, and the number of acres 1,100.
Letters though Hereford, which is the nearest money order office.
Bullar Valentine, house and estate agent
Cutter Thomas, victualler
Deakin J. E, farmer and land surveyor, Green Cryse
Elleman Samuel, stonemason
Oliver Richard, farmer
Parmiter Philip, farmer, Bullingham court
Source: Edward Cassey & Co.: History, Topography, and Directory of Herefordshire. Printed by William Bailey, 107, Fishergate 1858.