Sezincote Morris Gloucestershire Directory 1876
Sezincote is a small parish and village in Stow-on-the-Wold union, containing, by the census of 1861, 81, and in 1871, 92 inhabitants, and 1425 acres; 3 miles from Morton Station on the West Midland section of the Great Western Railway, 27 from Gloucester, 18 from Stratford-on-Avon, and 80 from London; in the upper division of Kiftsgate hundred, deanery of Stow, archdeaconry of Gloucester, diocese of Gloucester and Bristol, East Gloucestershire. The living is a vicarage, attached to Longborough, joint annual value £220, with residence.
Sezincot House is a handsome stone edifice, in the Indian style, situate in the midst of beautifully arranged pleasure grounds and a well-wooded park, containing a splendid lake. It is the residence of Sir Charles Fitzgerald Rushout Rushout, Bart., who is lord of the manor. The rateable value of the parish is £1568.
Rushout Sir Charles Fitzgerald Rushout, Bart., Sezincot house
Trades and Professions
Badger John, farmer, Home farm
Meadows Mrs. Ann, farmer, Lower Rye
Meek Edward, farmer, Upper Rye
Letters through Moreton-in-the-Marsh, which is the nearest money order office.
Morris & Co.’s commercial Directory & Gazetteer of Gloucestershire with Bristol and Monmouth. Second Edition. Hounds Gate, Nottingham. 1876.