Salperton Morris Gloucestershire Directory 1876
Salperton is a village and parish in Northleach union, containing, by the census of 1861, 189, and in 1871, 141 inhabitants, and 1306 acres; 5 miles north-west from Northleach, 9 south-west from Stow-on-the-Wold, 9 south-east from Cheltenham, and 86 by road and 130 by railway from London; in the deanery of Stow, archdeaconry of Gloucester, diocese of Gloucester and Bristol, Bradley hundred, East Gloucestershire. The vicarage, in the incumbency of the Rev. William Peachy Mellersh, M.A., is valued at £133 per annum, and in the patronage of Thomas Beale Brown, Esq., J.P., who is lord of the manor and principal landowner. The church is a small edifice, dedicated to All Saints, in the Norman style, and consists of nave, chancel, and tower. The rateable value of this parish is £1547.
Brown Thomas Beale, Esq., J.P., Salperton Park
Trades and Professions
Burton Miss, schoolmistress
Butler James, blacksmith
Greening Jonathan, baker and maltster
Smith Charles, farmer
Letters from Cheltenham via Andoversford which is also the nearest money order and telegraph office.
Morris & Co.’s commercial Directory & Gazetteer of Gloucestershire with Bristol and Monmouth. Second Edition. Hounds Gate, Nottingham. 1876.