Shipton Sollars is an Ancient Parish in the county of Gloucestershire.
Parish registers begin: 1653
Bishop’s Transcripts: 1577 (For records see Shipton Oliffe)
Parishes adjacent to Shipton Sollars
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
SHIPTON-SOLLARS, a parish in Northleach district, Gloncester; 6½ miles ESE of Cheltenham r. station. Post town, Andoversford, under Cheltenham. Acres, 1,160. Real property, £831. Pop., 80. Houses, 18. The manor belongs to W. Peachy, Esq. The living is annexed to Shipton-Oliffe. The church is ancient, but is not used.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales 1851
Shipton-Sollars, a parish in the hund. of Bradley, union of Northleach, county of Gloucester; 6 miles west-north-west of Northleach, watered by the Colne. Living, a rectory annexed to that of Shipton-Sollars. Acres 1,160. Houses 20. A. P. £1,075. Pop., in 1801, returned with Shipton-Oliffe; in 1831, 98. Poor rates, in 1838, £33 19s.
Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1851.
- County: Gloucestershire
- Civil Registration District: Northleach
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Gloucester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Post 1835 – Gloucester and Bristol, Pre 1836 – Gloucester
- Rural Deanery: Stow
- Poor Law Union: Northleach
- Hundred: Bradley
- Province: Canterbury