Shipton Oliffe is an Ancient Parish in the county of Gloucestershire.
Other places included in the parish: Hampen (also partly in the parish of Sevenhampton)
Parish registers begin: 1666
Nonconformists include: Strict Baptist
Parishes adjacent to Shipton Oliffe
- Compton Abdale
- Shipton Sollars
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
SHIPTON-OLIFFE, a parish, with a village, in Northleach district, Gloucester; 7 miles ESE of Cheltenham r. station. Post town, Andoversford, under Cheltenham. Acres, 1,050. Real property, £1,683. Pop., 255. Houses, 56. The manor belongs to G Fletcher, Esq. Limestone is plentiful. The living is a rectory, united with Shipton-Sollars, in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £450. Patron, W. Peachy, Esq. The church is Norman and good. There is a free school.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales 1851
Shipton-Oliffe, a parish in the hund. of Bradley, union of Northleach, county of Gloucester; 5½ miles north-west by west of Northleach. Living, a rectory with that of Shipton-Sollars, formerly in the archd. and dio. of Gloucester, now in the dio. of Gloucester and Bristol; rated at £7 5s. 9d.; gross income £412. Tithes commuted in 1791. Patron, in 1841, W. G. Peachey. Here is a Sunday school. Acres 1,050. Houses 44. A. P. £1,336. Pop., in 1801, with Shipton-Sollars, 239; in 1831, exclusive of Shipton-Sollars, 229. Poor rates, in 1838, £78 16s.
Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1851.
- County: Gloucestershire
- Civil Registration District: Northleach
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Gloucester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Post 1835 – Gloucester and Bristol, Pre 1836 – Gloucester
- Rural Deanery: Northleach
- Poor Law Union: Northleach
- Hundred: Bradley
- Province: Canterbury