Sandhurst is an Ancient Parish in the county of Gloucestershire.
Parish registers begin: 1538
Parishes adjacent to Sandhurst
- Gloucester St Mark
- Gloucester St Mary de Lode
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
SANDHURST, a parish, with a straggling village, in the district and county of Gloucester; near the river Severn, 3 miles N of Gloucester r. station. It has a postal letter-box under Gloucester. Acres, 2,227. Real property, £5,507. Pop., 549. Houses, 117. The property is much subdivided. Wallsworth Hall is the seat of Capt. De Winton. Brick making is carried on; and many salmon are caught. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £310. Patron, the Bishop of G. and B. The church is Norman, and was restored and enlarged in 1858. Charities, £25.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales 1851
Sandhurst, a parish in the hund. of Dudstone and King’s Barton, union and county of Gloucester; 3 miles north of Gloucester, and east of the Severn. Living, a discharged vicarage, formerly in the archd. and dio. of Gloucester, now in the dio. of Gloucester and Bristol; certified at £34, returned at £129 16s. 5d.; gross income £211. Tithes commuted in 1839. Patron, the bishop of Gloucester and Bristol. Charities, in 1826, about £60 per annum. Poor rates, in 1838, £199 1s. Acres 2,010. Houses 87. A.P. £3,739. Pop., in 1801, 365; in 1831. 434.
Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1851.
- County: Gloucestershire
- Civil Registration District: Gloucester
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Gloucester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Pre 1836 – Gloucester, Post 1835 – Gloucester and Bristol
- Rural Deanery: Gloucester
- Poor Law Union: Gloucester
- Hundred: Dudstone and King’s Barton
- Province: Canterbury