Coln St. Aldwyn is an Ancient Parish in the county of Gloucestershire.
Parish church: St. John the Baptist
Parish registers begin: 1650
Parishes adjacent to Coln St. Aldwyn
- Eastleach Turville
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
COLN-ST. ALDWIN, a parish in Northleach district, Gloucester; on the river Colne and the Fosse way, 3 miles N by W of Fairford, and 8½ ENE of Cirencester r. station. It has a post office under Swindon. Acres, 3,420. Real property, £3,107. Pop., 516. Houses, 101. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £103. Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Gloucester. The church is variously Norman, early English, and perpendicular; and was repaired in 1853. Charities, £14.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Cold (St. Aldwin’s), 3 m. N. Fairford. P. no return
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.
- County: Gloucestershire
- Civil Registration District: Northleach
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Gloucester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Pre 1836 – Gloucester, Post 1835 – Gloucester and Bristol
- Rural Deanery: Fairford
- Poor Law Union: Northleach
- Hundred: Brightwells Barrow
- Province: Canterbury