Hill Croome is a small parish, situate about 2 miles from Upton, with a population in 1851 of 193 inhabitants.
Baughton is a small hamlet belonging to the above, situate about one mile and a half from the church; the population is returned with the parish.
The church is a very old structure, and is built of stone, with tower and three bells. The living is a Rectory, in the patronage of the Crown. Rev. Thomas Coventry, Rector; Rev. J. W. Grove Curate; Mr. William Holland, Clerk. Service – 11 a.m. and 3 p.m., alternately with Strensham.
Claridge James, farmer, Hill Farm
Green Miss, farmer, Hill Church
Green Thomas, farmer, Hill Church
Barton Timothy, beer retailer, Old House at Home
Day Elizabeth, farmer
Fletcher John, farmer, Baughton Hall
Goodall James, victualler and farmer, New Inn
Howship Ann, shopkeeper
Newman Thomas, farmer
Knott Robert, blacksmith
Panter William, shoe maker
Weeks Francis, basket maker
Welles Thomas James, farmer, Baughton Court
Williams William, lime burner, Baughton Hill
Source: Billings Directory of Worcestershire 1855