Harvington is an Ancient Parish in the county of Worcestershire.
Parish registers begin: 1570
Parishes adjacent to Harvington
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
HARVINGTON, a village and a parish in Evesham district, Worcester. The village stands near the Evesham and Redditch railway, ½ a mile W of the river Avon, and 4 N by W of Evesham; and has a station on the railway, and a post office under Evesham. The parish comprises 1,238 acres. Real property, £2,924. Pop., 452. Houses, 93. The property is subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £400. Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Worcester. The church is decorated English, with a Saxon tower; and was recently restored, at a cost of £1,750. There are a nation al school, and charities £5.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Worcestershire Delineated C. and J. Greenwood 1822
Harvington – a parish in the hundred of Oswaldslow, middle division, 4 miles N.N.E. from Evesham, and 99 from London; containing 61 inhabited houses. The living is a rectory; Rev. Henry Anthony Pye, incumbent; instituted 1818; in the patronage of the Dean and Chapter of Worcester. Population, 1801, 262 – 1811, 260 – 1821, 353.
Source: Worcestershire Delineated: Being a Topographical Description of Each Parish, Chapelry, Hamlet, &c. In the County; with the distances and bearings from their respective market towns, &c. By C. and J. Greenwood. Printed by T. Bensley, Crane Court, Fleet Street, London, 1822.
- County: Worcestershire
- Civil Registration District: Evesham
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Worcester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Worcester
- Rural Deanery: Pershore
- Poor Law Union: Evesham
- Hundred: Oswaldslow
- Province: Canterbury