Sapperton is an Ancient Parish in the county of Gloucestershire.
Other places in the parish include: Frampton Mansell.
Parish registers begin: 1661
Nonconformists include: Baptist, Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and Wesleyan Methodist.
Parishes adjacent to Sapperton
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
SAPPERTON, a parish, with a village and two tythings, in Cirencester district, Gloucester; 4 miles NW of Tetbury-road r. station, and 5 W by N of Cirencester. It has a post-office under Cirencester. Acres, 3,908. Real property, £3,927. Pop., 600. Houses, 125. The manor belongs to Earl Bathurst. A tunnel of the Thames and Severn canal, 2 3/8. miles long, is here. Vestiges of anancient camp exist; and many Roman coins were foundin 1759. A saw-mill is at Daneway. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £367. Patron, Earl Bathurst. The church is ancient, cruciform, and good; and has a tower and spire. A chapel of ease is at Frampton; and there are a national school, and charities £64.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales Circa 1870
Frampton, a tything in Sapperton parish, Gloucester; near the Cheltenham railway, 6 ¼ miles NW of Cirencester. Real property, £1,708. Pop., 237. Houses, 52. It forms a curacy with Sapperton, and has a recent church.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72]
Lewis Topographical Dictionary of England 1845
Frampton, a tything, in the parish of Sapperton, union of Cirencester, hundred of Bisley, E. division of the county of Gloucester, 6 ¼ miles (W. by N.) from Cirencester; containing 220 inhabitants. A school is supported by the parish.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis Fifth Edition Published London; by S. Lewis and Co., 13, Finsbury Place, South. M. DCCC. XLV.
- County: Gloucestershire
- Civil Registration District: Cirencester
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Gloucester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Post 1835 – Gloucester and Bristol, Pre 1836 – Gloucester
- Rural Deanery: Stonehouse
- Poor Law Union: Cirencester
- Hundred: Bisley
- Province: Canterbury