Elmore is an Ancient Parish in the county of Gloucestershire.
Parish registers begin: 1560
Nonconformists include: Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and Independent/Congregational.
Parishes adjacent to Elmore
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
ELMORE, a parish in the district and county of Gloucester; near the river Severn, the South Wales railway, and the Great Western Union railway, 5 miles SW of Gloucester. Post town, Hempstead, under Gloucester. Acres, 1,486. Real property, £2,949. Pop., 374. Houses, 77. The property is not much divided. Elmore Court is the seat of Sir W. V. Guise, Bart. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £73. Patron, Sir J. W. Guise. The church is ancient, but good; and has an embattled tower. Charities, £17.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Gloucestershire
- Civil Registration District: Gloucester
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Gloucester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Pre 1836 – Gloucester, Post 1835 – Gloucester and Bristol
- Rural Deanery: Gloucester
- Poor Law Union: Gloucester
- Hundred: Dudstone and King’s Barton
- Province: Canterbury