Dodington is an Ancient Parish in the county of Gloucestershire.
Parish registers begin: 1575
Nonconformists include: Independent/Congregational
Parishes adjacent to Dodington
The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales 1851
Dodington, a parish in the hund. of Grumbald’s-Ash, union of Chipping-Sodbury, county of Gloucester; 2½ miles south-east of Chipping-Sodbury, near the post-road from Bath to Farringdon. Living, a rectory, formerly in the archd. and dio. of Gloucester, now in the dio. of Gloucester and Bristol; rated at £5 6s. 5½d.; gross income £214. Patron, in 1835, Sir C. B. Codrington, Bart. Acres 1,670. Houses 14. A. P. £2,538. Pop., in 1801, 95; in 1831, 113. Poor rates, in 1837, £181.
Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1851
- County: Gloucestershire
- Civil Registration District: Chipping Sodbury
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Gloucester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Pre 1836 – Gloucester, Post 1835 – Gloucester and Bristol
- Rural Deanery: Hawkesbury
- Poor Law Union: Chipping Sodbury
- Hundred: Grumbald’s Ash
- Province: Canterbury