Cranham is an Ancient Parish in the county of Gloucestershire.
Parish church: St James
Parish registers begin: 1666
Nonconformists include: Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Particular Baptist, and Roman Catholic.
Cranham parish includes: the hamlet of Potteries.
Parishes adjacent to Cranham
- Prinknash Park
- Great Witcombe
- Upton St Leonards
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
Cranham, a parish in Stroud district, Gloucester; under the Cotswolds, 2½ miles NE by N of Painswick, and 5½ NNE of Stroud r. station. It contains the hamlet of Potteries; and its post town is Painswick, under Stroud. Acres, 1,859. Real property, £2, 011. Pop., 424. Houses, 90. The property is much subdivided. The living is a rectory, annexed to the rectory of Brimpsfield, in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. The church is good; and there is a Baptist chapel.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Cranham, 4 m. N.E. Stroud. P. 428.
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.
Family History Links
- County: Gloucestershire
- Civil Registration District: Stroud
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Gloucester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Post 1835 – Gloucester and Bristol, Pre 1836 – Gloucester
- Rural Deanery: Stonehouse
- Poor Law Union: Stroud
- Hundred: Rapsgate
- Province: Canterbury