Much Cowarne is an Ancient Parish in the county of Herefordshire.
Parish registers begin: 1559
Parishes adjacent to Much Cowarne
- Ocle Pychard
- Castle Frome
- Stretton Grandison
- Canon Frome
- Bishop’s Frome with Fromes Hill
- Stoke Lacy
- Morton Jeffries
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
COWARNE (Much), a parish in Bromyard district, Hereford; 5¾ miles SSW of Bromyard, and 8 E of Moreton r. station. Post town, Stoke-Lacey, under Worcester. Acres, 3,706. Real property, £4,978. Pop., 563. Houses, 110. Cowarne Court is the seat of the Thomases. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £300. Patron, the Bishop of Worcester. The church spire and part of the church were destroyed by lightning in 1840.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Cowarne (Much), 4 miles S. Bromyard. P. 557
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.
- County: Herefordshire
- Civil Registration District: Bromyard
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Hereford (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Hereford
- Rural Deanery: Frome
- Poor Law Union: Bromyard
- Hundred: Broxash
- Province: Canterbury